Some of you have been receiving video postcards for almost a week now: we first rolled out the feature to 5% of our users on 23rd of December, and then carefully observed your feedback on any stability issues that could have popped up to make sure a broader rollout to everyone went smoothly.
We were happy to learn that the feature works as expected, and didn't cause any issues while scaling to thousands of users. We were all getting goosebumps as we watched the first videos starting to roll in. If a picture is worth a thousand words then a video is worth a million!
On Tuesday, the 27th we rolled out the feature to an additional 50% of our user base to stress test it further. We didn’t find any major issues this time either, and are thrilled to announce that we have now turned on the “video postcards” feature for everyone.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Make sure that your Bird Buddy app is updated to version 1.6.3 or higher and that your firmware is updated to at least version 1.0.0, ideally 1.1.0.
- After updating, you don’t have to do anything to start receiving video postcards. They will arrive, the same way the photo postcards do. Be patient.
- Not every bird visit will result in a video postcard, and not even every session that will produce photo postcards will produce a video postcard. Most will, however.
- You are not going to miss out on any photo postcards because of the videos being taken - the camera is capable of doing both simultaneously.
- The feature will not affect the battery life of your device.
Please make sure to share your videos with us on any social networks using #birdbuddy hashtag, or in our official Facebook community. Make sure to join it if you haven’t yet - there’s so much amazing content there 🥰
Happy new year, and once again thank you for your continuous love and support. We are humbled and honored to be serving such an amazing community.
The Bird Buddy Team